The Council on Foundations invites you to participate in the 2014 Grantmakers Salary and Benefits Survey, one of the most important and effective foundation management tools in the field. The survey collects information on benefits policies and practices, as well as compensation data for 35 positions at community, corporate, private, public, and operating foundations. The Council’s online platform, Benchmark Central (bmc.cof.org), enables survey participants to benchmark themselves against their peers by grantmaker type, asset size, state, or region.
Your participation is key to the success of this survey!
All online participants will receive the following:
- Free access to 2014 salary tables
- Access to the online benchmarking tool which enables benchmarking by grantmaker type, asset size, state or region.
- A free PDF of the full report
New to this year’s survey and report:
- A retooled and streamlined survey, leading to a more user-friendly experience
- The addition of Legal Counsel as the 35th position for which we collect salary information
- Information on board compensation and consultant services
- The availability of more detailed information and data for the largest foundations, with the inclusion of asset classes for $1 to $1.999 billion and $2 billion and over, whenever possible.
Data confidentiality and use policies are unchanged from previous years. Please note that the names of respondent organizations will be available through the peer selection component of Benchmark Central. However, your answers to this survey will remain confidential and results will be reported only in the aggregate.
The Grantmakers Salary and Benefits Survey is an annual initiative of the Council on Foundations conducted in partnership with the Foundation Center. Decisions regarding the survey design, analysis, and reporting are conducted in collaboration with our Foundation Center colleagues. The Council also partners with the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers and regional associations to promote this survey to the philanthropic field.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to receive a log in information. The deadline for this survey is Friday August 1, 2014.