The Council on Foundations, in partnership with Amgen, Inc., ArcelorMittal, Dow Chemical Company Foundation, Eli Lilly& Company Foundation, General Mills Foundation, ING Foundation, Intel Foundation, Kaiser Permanente, and Medtronic, Inc., today released Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value Corporate Practitioner’s Toolkit. The Toolkit provides strategic planning assessments, tools, resources and case study samples to help practitioners enhance the impact of corporate giving and foundation programs and build internal support with senior leaders. It is a companion resource supporting the principles detailed in Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value: A Practitioners Guide to Leading Corporate Philanthropy.
This toolkit has the following components:
- The Path Forward for Corporate Philanthropy – Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value: A Practitioners Guide to Leading Corporate Philanthropy
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire - Designed to be used alongside Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value the Self-Assessment Questionnaire allows users to evaluate programs against the agenda items or practices in the guide.
- Exploration Guide - Designed to be used alongside Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value the Exploration Guide helps corporate philanthropy practitioners explore the full range of possibilities available to enhance their program and consider ways to integrate the theory and practice into their context.
- Supplemental Resources - These additional resources help corporate philanthropy practitioners apply the knowledge gained through the Self-Assessment Questionnaire and Exploration Guide to implement the practices suggested in Increasing Impact. They include:
- Glossary of terms. Contains definitions of key terms to help practitioners understand and apply the information presented in the guide and companion documents.
- Articles and other publications. Provide more background, methodologies, and examples for improving a company’s philanthropic programs.
- Sample documents. Includes PowerPoint presentations, planning tools, and evaluation forms.
- Case studies. Includes global examples on how companies are working to improve the impact and value of their corporate philanthropy
- Give feedback. We invite you to submit your ideas, resources, and examples for inclusion.
“Three years ago, the Council on Foundations, along with our corporate members, identified an emerging need within the field if philanthropy to help advance the practice of corporate giving,” said Vikki Spruill, president and CEO, Council on Foundations. “The launch of the toolkit represents our commitment to working with our members to spot trends and create meaningful tools and professional development opportunities that empower professionals and their foundations and giving programs to advance the common good.”
The toolkit provides a platform for internal and external collaboration to strengthen the profile and contribution of the corporate philanthropy field by applying the principles in Increasing Impact, Enhancing Value: A Practitioners Guide to Leading Corporate Philanthropy. A one-year company / foundation subscription to the Toolkit is available for purchase through the Council on Foundations Book Store -- at the introductory rate of $329.00 for members or $669.00 for non-members. Packages are available that include a mentorship connection with a proven corporate philanthropy leader and 2-3 coaching sessions with a Council staff team member to guide your use of these resources and help enhance your strategic process.
The Council on Foundations (www.cof.org), formed in 1949, is a nonprofit membership association of grantmaking foundations and corporations. Members of the Council include more than 1,700 independent, operating, community, public and company-sponsored foundations, and corporate giving programs in the United States and abroad. The Council’s mission is to provide the opportunity, leadership, and tools needed by philanthropic organizations to expand, enhance, and sustain their ability to advance the common good.