The Council on Foundations’ Foundation Management Series provides foundation boards and staff with the tools needed to benchmark their practices and operations against peers in the field. Containing data from the Council’s 2009 Foundation Management survey, the series consists of three reports: Board Composition and Compensation, Administrative and Investment Expenses, and Fiscal Oversight.
Board Composition and Compensation
Board Composition and Compensation offers findings on foundation policies regarding board compensation and diversity.
- Purchase the Board Composition and Compensation report (members: $60; nonmembers: $110)
- Download selected board compensation tables (members only)
Administrative and Investment Expenses
Administrative and Investment Expenses provides a variety of administrative and investment expense ratios.
- Purchase the Administrative and Investment Expenses report (members: $60; nonmembers: $110)
- Download selected administrative expenses tables (members only)
Fiscal Oversight covers the use of independent auditors, the fiscal responsibilities of board committees, and the impact of audit results. The study also provides data on conflict of interest policies, directors and officers liability insurance, and board discretionary giving and matching gifts.
- Purchase the Fiscal Oversight report (members: $60; nonmembers: $110)
Governance and Administrative Expenses: Key Findings provides a summary of survey data from all three reports.
- Download Key Findings (FREE)