Operating foundations are private foundations that use the bulk of their income to provide charitable services or to run charitable programs of their own. They make few, if any, grants to outside organizations. To qualify as an operating foundation, specific rules, in addition to the applicable rules for private foundations, must be followed.
Below is everything on our site for private operating foundations. You can use the filtering options on the right to narrow these results.
National Hispanic Heritage Month is observed each year from September 15 to October 15. During this time, we celebrate the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, the Caribbean, and the Americas. The observation started in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson.
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization, and foster innovation -
Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Promote sustained, inclusive economic growth, full employment, and decent work for all -
As we start September, I’m sure many of you are busy with year-end activities, whether it’s a final round of grantmaking, planning next year’s budget and program, or your annual engagement at side events for the U.N. General Assembly and other international events. It’s pretty lively here at the Council too, and I want to share resources and opportunities that are on our radar.
Goal 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
- Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all -
Goal 6: Water and Sanitation
- Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all -
Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls -
Goal 4: Quality Education
- Ensure inclusive and quality education for all and promote lifelong learning -
In this week's Washington Snapshot: