Membership Directory Do’s and Don’ts
- Do utilize the directory for professional networking purposes.
- Do contact a member for insight, ideas, and general feedback on how to handle a particular issue.
- Do contact members to discuss news and topics relevant to the field.
- Do share content with members that is solely informative or educational.
If you have any questions about what is allowable, or if you believe this policy has been violated, please contact the Council’s Membership Department at 703-879-0645 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don’t make unsolicited contact with other members to describe or promote your business or services, or to make a sale.
- Don’t use the directory to promote your clients.
- Don’t use the directory contents to generate bulk communications, direct mail, or e-blast lists.
- Don’t share the directory with third parties.
We encourage your use of the Council’s online membership directory for professional networking purposes with your peers for guidance and insight on best practices and experiences in the philanthropic sector. However, you are not permitted to use the Council name, or the name of a Council meeting, program, product, or service, in your communications with directory organizations in a way that implies the Council participates in, or approves of, the communication, or that implies Council endorsement or sponsorship of the content of your communications, without prior Council approval in writing.
The directory may not be used to sell or market a business, product, or service; to solicit contributions, sponsorships, or business opportunities; or for any unlawful use. The contents of the directory may not be used to generate mailing lists, e-mail lists, phone lists, or other lists for any commercial purposes. You agree not to solicit the members included on this list unless your solicitation is a direct result of having obtained the members’ contact information from another source in the ordinary course of your business. You agree not to release or sell the directory or its contents to any third parties. Nothing herein shall prohibit or limit the use of information generally available to the public.
The contents of the directory are owned by and are the exclusive property of the Council on Foundations. Unauthorized use of the directory is prohibited and can subject you to damages plus attorney's fees. You acquire only a right to use the directory as authorized herein, and not any right of ownership in the directory.
Entire contents © 2011, Council on Foundations. All rights reserved.