An engaged board is critical for a community foundation to achieve its greatest level of impact. But how can an emerging community foundation encourage board members to be fully engaged in helping the organization grow and fulfill its mission? This paper, developed by FSG, addresses this important question and presents a summary of roles and techniques for involving board members, as well as testimonials and tools drawn from the experience of a group of small, growing community foundations in California.
Featured speakers and commentators:
- Wendy Brown, Former Board President, San Luis Obispo County Community Foundation
- Jim Mayfield, Board President, The Community Foundation of Mendocino County
- Eva Nico, Director, FSG
- Susanne Norgard, Executive Director, The Community Foundation of Mendocino County
- Daria Teutonico, Director, Community Foundation Services, Council on Foundations
- Anne Vally, Senior Program Officer for Special Initiatives, The James Irvine Foundation
- Barry VanderKelen, Executive Director, San Luis Obispo County Community Foundation
To replay the presentation, you will first need to download the webinar player .