Want to know what corporate grantmakers are buzzing about on the corporate e-mail discussion group? In January, the hot topic was avoiding fraudulent practices in matching gift programs.
Users were asked the following question: Has your matching gifts program experienced any fraudulent activity from employees or nonprofits? Individuals who answered Yes were prodded to answer two follow-ups:
- How was it handled internally?
- Please provide any risk-mitigation processes that have been implemented to help ensure that fraudulent use of the matching gifts program does not occur.
To read the responses, log-in with your member password. The corporate discussion group allows you to network and discuss issues with your peers, exchange best practices and information about managing and leading foundations, and learn about upcoming Council activities.
Want to join the conversation? Just send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your full name, title, and your foundation’s name. We will confirm your subscription in a return e-mail and answer any questions.
It’s also simple to post a message. Send an e-mail to email@example.com, and we'll distribute your question to all subscribers. If you'd like to offer feedback to the question, just click Reply.
If you’re interested in reading past messages and customizing how and how often you receive e-mail postings, here’s where to find previous and current compilations.
Welcome to the Corporate Services e-mail discussion group, fostering peer-to-peer discussion and learning. Benefit from the experience, knowledge, and wisdom of fellow practitioners. Get information when you need it.
- Subscribe: You must be a Council member to join. Send us your request to be added to the group.
- Post a question now: You're question will be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to be submitted to all subscribers.
- To respond to a question: Simply hit "reply." Your response will be forwarded to the inquiring member. A summary of all responses will be sent to the entire group within two weeks after the question is posted.