As needs in our communities grow faster than dollars, the Council is joining the conversation about unlocking new capital for social good. For decades, foundations have made impact investments that intend to generate financial and social returns to complement grants, partnerships, advocacy, and other tools in the philanthropic toolbox.
What is impact investing?
We define impact investing as any investment activity that intends to generate positive social and financial returns.
How is the Council involved?
In 2013, the Council is joining the impact investing conversation happening among foundations and other types of investors. As a connector, the Council is:
- Listening to our members and making connections.
- Organizing provocative conversations among foundations and other partners.
- Aggregating resources to demystify the process.
- Building relationships with thought leaders and intermediaries
- Hosting an ongoing blog series on RE: Philanthropy.
How can you get involved?