Welcome to ProNet
The Program Network (or ProNet) is a professional organization for community foundation program staff, board members and other staff members interested in program-related issues.
We provide tools and opportunities for networking, professional development, problem solving, and advocacy for all program staff.
We welcome your suggestions, input, and involvement! Join ProNet and you may participate in the Program e-mail discussion group, professional development conference calls, networking, and planning. We generally meet annually at the Council on Foundations Fall Conference for Community Foundations at a reception and annual meeting. Steering Committee members work hard throughout the year planning conference sessions, professional development functions and networking opportunities.
We look forward to hearing from you!
ProNet's purpose is to provide leadership on grantmaking and programmatic issues facing community foundations. ProNet will:
- Serve as a continuing resource for the professional development of those working in program-related areas of community foundations;
- Advise the Community Foundations Leadership Team of the Council on Foundations on program-related matters, and
- Maintain an active, program-focused voice on public policy matters affecting community foundations and their communities.
ProNet will focus on three areas of endeavor for community foundation program-interest staff and board members:
- Provide opportunities for professional development and skill-building;
- Facilitate ongoing communications, information-exchange and networking, and
- Promote effective advocacy and leadership on program and policy issues.
The organization will serve the professional needs and interests of newer as well as “veteran” staff and board members in community foundations of all sizes, from established to emerging, in order to advance the program capacity of the community foundation field.
Electronic Discussion List
The Program-List electronic discussion list is designed for community foundation staff with primary responsibility for grantmaking and program-related issues, as well as board members with interest in these areas. For details, click on the link below.
Community Foundation Electronic Discussion Lists
Like us on Facebook.
Professional Development Conference Call Recordings
Listen to conference call recordings brought to you by the ProNet Steering Committee.
Who is eligible to join?
Membership is open to staff and board members of community foundations whose responsibilities or interests are in grantmaking and program-related areas of their respective foundations. In addition, membership will be considered on a case-by-case basis for representatives of intermediaries whose work is dedicated to community foundations, and who play a role in helping community foundations with program-related issues. Non-community foundation memberships will be considered at the Steering Committee's discretion.
How do I join?
Contact the Treasurer to inquire about membership. Or, download and complete the membership application.
How much are dues?
$100 per foundation, regardless of the number of individual staff or board members participating. Contact the Treasurer with questions about dues or to pay dues.
What benefits do I receive as a member of the group?
Each dues-paying ProNet member community foundation will have one vote on ProNet actions, regardless of the number of individuals represented by the foundation's membership.
- Members are eligible for quarterly professional development conference calls and other professional development opportunities (which may have space limitations),
- Ongoing communications, information-exchange and networking, and
- Representation and advocacy for program-related issues at the Council Leadership level.
Who may I contact with questions about the group and its activities?
Contact the Steering Committee Chair or the Fall Conference and Pre-Conference Planning Work Group Co-Chairs with questions about specific ProNet activities, including conference participation.
View the ProNet Steering Committee Roster.