It is my goal to bring to you monthly updates on Council activities relevant to community foundations.
Further, I am reaching out to you today to introduce myself as the new Director of Community Philanthropy at the Council on Foundation. As a former community foundation CEO in Indiana, I understand and appreciate the invaluable role played by community foundations — and I am eager to help support your good work in my role here at the Council.
While I am still early in my tenure here at the Council, I have and will continue to dedicate my time to connecting with and listening to community foundation leaders like you. I sincerely appreciate everyone that has taken time out of their busy schedules to share insights— and even frustrations with me. Please know that I am listening and making recommendations for how we at the Council can support you and your foundation going forward.
You can also expect for me to regularly flag Council happenings and resources that I think may be of help or interest to you. I’ve listed a few below for you in the hopes that you will join us for as many as your time allows. You can always find additional information on our website, but if you have questions or need additional information about any Council events or resources, please feel free to contact me.
My colleagues—such as Suzanne Friday and Bryan Del Rosario in CF legal matters, Lara Kalwinski and Christina Gonzales in CF Standards, Stacie Freasier in the Knowledge Center, and Jodi Meier with CF online Exchanges—and I all have expertise with Community Foundations and remain just a phone call away. We look forward to assisting you with any community foundation specific matters including policy and processes, best practices, trends, and connections.
We also welcome your input for how we can add greater value to you, your staff, and trustees. I can be reached directly at firstname.lastname@example.org 703-879-0640.
Thank you for all you do to make community philanthropy a reality for the place you call home. It matters to me. It matters to all of us.
Immediate Activities for Community Foundations:
- June 1 at 2:00 p.m. EST—Webinar: White House ConnectALL Initiative: Philanthropy's Role in Increasing Digital Inclusion
- June 14 at 2:00 p.m. EST—Webinar: Endowment Development Institute: Leveraging Nonprofits as Endowment Builders for Community Foundations
- July 14-15—Center for Community Foundation Excellence Fundamentals 2-Day Training, Portland, Oregon
New Resource Guide: Grantmaking Application Process Resource Guide: A Grantmaking Primer
Recent Blog Postings
- My Journey with Community Philanthropy
- Three Words to Describe Community Foundations: Thoughtful. Intentional. Sustainable.
- Community Foundations Converge in the Big Easy
Upcoming Activities and Resources (info to follow)
- June: Congressional August Recess Toolkit / Advocacy Tools
- July: Sharpen Your Grantmaking Application Process
- August: Grant makingand Economic Development resources