Stephanie Bell-Rose is the Senior Managing Director and Head of the TIAA Institute.
The Council on Foundations’ 2016 Endowments and Finance Summit is just around the corner – Sept. 28-30 – and as co-chair of the convening's working group, I strongly encourage you to register for it!
I personally look forward to the summit each year because it’s the preeminent venue for foundation executives to share information about investment trends, challenges, solutions and best practices. It also provides unrivaled opportunities to meet and collaborate with some of the top finance leaders in philanthropy. This is why my organization, the TIAA Institute, is thrilled to once again serve as the summit’s Education Partner and co-sponsor.
The summit Working Group – which I co-chair along with Ken Jones, Jr., vice president and CFO of The Annie E. Casey Foundation, and Vikki Spruill, president and CEO of the Council on Foundations – has planned a terrific event for attendees. Highlights include:
- Three plenaries featuring dynamic keynote speakers addressing topics like how foundations can invest strategically in the global market.
- Twelve concurrent sessions on issues ranging from avoiding 990 filing pitfalls to asset allocations that work.
- A learning lab on sustainable investing.
- Ask-A-Lawyer opportunities where you can get your legal questions answered by Council attorneys.
- Limitless networking opportunities throughout each day.
- Two pre-summit sessions on Sept. 28 — one for community foundations and another on impact investing, each highly interactive and limited to 25 attendees.
- A special reception at The Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.
The philanthropic industry has to be nimble and adaptable in a sea of changing social and political circumstances. The Council on Foundations’ 2016 Endowments and Finance Summit provides the tools, resources, and relationship-building opportunities we need to ensure our respective organizations can carry out their missions in a world of increased volatility. That’s why the TIAA Institute invests in the summit, and why we promote the innovations that emanate from this unique event.
Please join me and top finance and foundation experts at the 2016 Endowments and Finance Summit in NYC this Sept. 28-30.
Watch a video about the summit, explore the full schedule, and register at cof.org/EFSummit.