With the 2020 Census nearing, organizations throughout the sector have been engaged in many ways, including educating policymakers, informing stakeholder communities and rallying the philanthropic sector around various issues related to the Census.
Below are some resources that foundations may find helpful:
- How You Can Help the 2020 Census In Your State, National Conference of State Legislatures
- Stakeholder Toolkit, The Census Project
- The Joyce Foundation’s Democracy Work
- Counting for Dollars: The Role of the Decennial Census in the Geographic Distribution of Federal Funds, The Brookings Institution
- A High-Stakes Headcount: Philanthropy and the 2020 Census, Inside Philanthropy
- Data for a Strong Economy: Securing an Accurate 2020 U.S. Census Is Essential for Business, ReadyNation