Leaders of corporate foundations and giving programs have an opportunity to redefine the role of corporate philanthropy. By taking the initiative to align and engage their efforts more closely with the business, these leaders can help unleash new resources and ideas that can greatly enhance the company’s positive impact on society. At the same time, this alignment can create new value for the company and increase its competitive advantage.
This guide offers original field research and a platform for corporate philanthropy, and provides clear and practical paths forward for the future of the field and the role of corporate foundations. That work is guided by a five-point framework:
- Create a new narrative for corporate philanthropy as an investment in society.
- Develop an inclusive “operating system” for philanthropic investment.
- Professionalize the field.
- Improve collaboration, communication, and knowledge sharing.
- Mobilize “field level” leadership behind this agenda.