Thank you for joining the Council and CEONet as we reconvened CEOs and Executive Directors of community foundations for a third virtual roundtable in support of the continued efforts by the field to respond and adapt to the challenges of COVID-19.
Executives explored in an open format pressing matters and relevant topics in pursuit of ways we can strengthen communities across the United States. Attendees of the roundtable can participate in this open exchange of ideas, share perspective and experiences, as well as flagging resources and tools that will benefit the collective effort of our community foundation field.
This roundtable will be hosted on Zoom, allowing all participants to engage in the conversation.
- Strengthen our network of the community foundation field and embolden connectivity of executives.
- Provide the context and space for community foundation executives in these unusual times of COVID-19.
- Highlight community responses, assess situations with the support of peers, and conversation for peer sharing, learning, and networking.
During this call, Kathleen Enright, CEO, Council on Foundations, will moderate a discussion that focuses on what it means to support the “new normal” when many teams are traumatized, mourning, or personally effected by loss and strained circumstances (home-schooling, all-virtual engagement, financial, health, and lingering concerns of contraction). What added supports have been provided by the field, and what else will be considered as many make the transition back to in-office work environments? These discussions will take place in open formats and in small group conversations to more easily explore these topics in depth.
With a focus on peer sharing and reflection, these roundtables serve as a platform for the field to scale our philanthropic response to the depths of impact caused by COVID on communities, normalize foundation operations and mission in light of the pandemic, and pivot to the long-term recovery that could last many years.
- Community Foundation Executives from the Field
- Kathleen Enright, CEO, Council on Foundations (moderator)
Small group discussion leads (Zoom breakouts):
- Jennifer Tolle Whiteside, North Carolina Community Foundation (Recorder: Dan Templin, Dekalb County Community Foundation)
- Kathleen Enright (Recorder: Molly Kunkel, Centre Foundation)
- Vanessa Batchel, Ventura County Community Foundation, (Recorder: Judy Sjostedt, Parkersburg Area Community Foundation)
Additional perspectives from leaders will be sought throughout the roundtable with direct involvement, as well as in small groups with peer discussion leads. Please be prepared to share video for better engagement within the platform Zoom.
In partnership with