With COVID-19 there seem to be more questions than answers, particularly for funders who want to respond effectively and efficiently. The Council is a co-sponsor of the COVID-19 webinar series from the Center for Disaster Philanthropy (CDP), which brings expert panelists together to address some of the most pressing issues, including getting money out the door quickly, supporting vulnerable populations and investing in local communities.
This webinar explored the unique aspects of response and recovery for a worldwide pandemic, with a focus on international grantmaking to support communities in developing nations. Topics included:
- the balance of funding locally, nationally and internationally with the related challenges and opportunities each approach presents,
- localization and the importance of grassroots funding and
- the implications of supporting healthcare workers, both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Dr. Valerie Nkamgang Bemo, Deputy Director, Emergency Response, Global Development, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Pilar Pacheco, Senior Program Officer, Emergency Response, Global Gevelopment, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Natalie Ross, Vice President of Resource Development & Strategic Opportunities, Council on Foundations
This webinar series presented by the Center for Disaster Philanthropy is co-sponsored by Council on Foundations, Grantmakers in Health, National Center for Family Philanthropy, Grantmakers in Aging, the Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities, National VOAD, InterAction and United Philanthropy Forum. All webinars will be recorded and the recordings will be emailed to everyone who registered.