- Informs and educates Congress about the importance of the philanthropic sector;
- Creates visibility for foundations and philanthropy on Capitol Hill;
- Advocates on issues important to Forum members, foundations, and the broader sector;
- Encourages Congress to view the Forum and its members as resources on key public policy issues; and
- Builds your organization’s relationship with lawmakers and their staffs.
Each year, the philanthropic sector has demonstrated that when we speak to Congress with one unified voice, we can make a lasting impact on the communities we serve. At FOTH, we use our influence to persuade our elected officials to support critically important legislation for our sector and our communities and inform them about the unique and vital role that charitable giving plays in America.
How it Works
Prior to FOTH, your Forum Policy and Advocacy Liaison (PAL), serving as FOTH Team Lead, will schedule meetings on Capitol Hill with members of Congress.
As the FOTH Team Lead, your PAL will be in charge of setting up the meetings, sharing policy priorities and topics of interest to discuss, communicating with you about scheduling updates, and coordinating a pre-FOTH call for all FOTH Team members where you will be provided with everything you need to know.
In addition, there will be pre- FOTH webinars dedicated to preparing you for everything you should expect during your online meetings with Hill offices.
Who Can Participate
Foundations on the Hill is for members of United Philanthropy Forum and their foundation members. Foundations who are not members of a national or regional philanthropy-serving organization within the Forum are also welcome to participate and will be assigned to a FOTH Team from their region by the Forum.