Join the Council on Foundations with its partner, The Philanthropic Initiative, for a member-only workshop for community foundations where we will explore ways you can maximize your foundation’s impact by leveraging community resources in and outside of your foundation.
Ellen Remmer and Amy Zell Ellsworth from The Philanthropic Initiative, an operating unit of the Boston Foundation, bring extensive research, analysis, and case studies to advance the community foundation field in exploring the space for co-investment among donors and the foundation, as well as impact investing models and more. They will facilitate and guide this learning forum to maximize the workshop and networking among our members.
Exploring the synergies in leadership, engagement, and impact investing, you will walk away equipped with a framework to coordinate the efforts of donors, nonprofits, citizens, government, and other partners in order to pool your resources for greater effect. You will learn how to engage donors to invest endowment funds and what role impact investing can play in community leadership.
Participants will hear from their peers about what is and isn’t working and what they hope to achieve through adopting co-investment. Participants will also learn what adopting such strategies might mean for an organization’s infrastructure and how to achieve board buy-in.
Our goal is to have participants able to act on the lessons they learned and leave the workshop having identified specific, actionable next steps to take.
What we will explore:
- New and emerging approaches to community advancement
- Engaging the whole foundation, including the board
- How to advance donor-foundation partnerships and private-public partnerships in your community
- What role impact investing can play in donor engagement
- The role of advocacy within the community foundation field
What you will walk away with:
- Ideas and resolutions to challenges in solving community problems
- Best practices for adopting co-investment strategies
- Practical tools for understanding and adopting impact investments
- A broader network of community foundation peers
Workshop Planning Team
Vice President, Mission & Impact
Community Foundation of Louisville
Vice President and Chief Philanthropy Officer
Kathryn J. Dunn
Vice President, Community Investment
Greater Milwaukee Foundation
Director of Donor Engagement
Chief Operating Officer
The Greater Cincinnati Foundation