Join us as a speaker at the Council on Foundations’ flagship conference! Submit your ideas for breakout sessions and share your knowledge and expertise with attendees at the virtual Leading Together 2021.
If you have questions about the call for sessions or the conference in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission is March 19, 2021.
About the Conference
Leading Together 2021 is the destination to engage in transformative conversations about how philanthropy can do our part to create a better world. If 2020 taught us anything, it’s that there is no time to waste in tackling the biggest challenges of our time—from eliminating economic inequality, to addressing climate change, to healing deep divisions to create equity for all.
To get there, philanthropy needs to have courageous conversations, rooted in transparency and trust, about how we can improve how we work and act together to create lasting change. The Council community brings together people of divergent viewpoints, diverse backgrounds, and those who do their philanthropy in a variety of ways. We are all working to advance the greater good, even if we sometimes disagree about how to get there.
Conference breakout sessions should align with the Council's Vision of philanthropy being a trusted partner in advancing the greater good and be connected to one of the conference themes—Seeking Common Ground, Advancing Equity, or Raising the Bar.
Leading Together 2021 sessions will be rooted in two focus areas: Trust and Equity.
Trust is a feeling of confidence in someone or something. It is the foundation of strong relationships and a cornerstone of effective philanthropy.
Equity seeks to ensure justice, impartiality, and fairness within the procedures, processes, and distribution of resources by institutions or systems.
Session ideas should fit within one of the three conference themes:
Seeking Common Ground
These sessions will spark courageous conversations that challenge philanthropy to bridge divides, explore unlikely partnerships and engage with different points of view to create real change.
These sessions will explore diverse perspectives on how we can make progress on issues such as economic inequality and racial injustice and engage in values aligned philanthropy.
Raising the Bar
These sessions will focus on sharing strategies, resources, and tools to help philanthropic leaders be agents of change in their organizations and communities.
- Sessions should connect with Leading Together’s overall focus of trust and equity.
- Sessions should be engaging and interactive. Please do not submit a session that is only lecture-based.
- Sessions will be 40 to 50 minutes in length.
- Submission of a session proposal does not guarantee participation in the conference.
- Submissions are due by March 19, 2021.
- Notification of session selection will be made in late March 2021.
- Council on Foundations reserves the right to revise the session title and description of a selected session for use within the Council’s promotional and program materials.
- How well the session addresses and contributes to the conference focus on trust and equity.
- The relevance of the session and how the topic is essential to the field.
- How well the description reflects a session that will encourage attendee participation and engagement while limiting lecture.
- How knowledgeable and experienced the speaker(s) will be on the selected topic based upon what is represented in his/her bio and session description.
If you have any questions about Leading Together 2021 or the Call for Sessions, please contact email@example.com.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities for Leading Together 2021?
Contact Tara Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org.