The 2016 Grantmakers Salary and Benefits Survey is now open. This survey and the resultant reports are valuable benchmarking tools designed specifically to collect compensation and benefits data for positions at community, private (family and independent), and public foundations, and other staffed grantmaking entities. This annual survey is one of the most important and effective resources for our members and for the field and we encourage you to participate. The deadline for participation this year is July 15th.
All reports produced using this data are free for Council members and survey participants (whether or not they are members of the Council on Foundations.) This year participants will receive the following:
- A free PDF copy of the 2016 Salary Tables
- A free PDF copy of the 2016 Board Compensation Tables
- A free PDF copy of the 2016 Administrative & Program Expenses Tables (including technology expenses this year)
- A free PDF of the Full 2016 report (includes key findings, benefits, demographics)
- Access to the online benchmarking tool which enables benchmarking by grantmaker type, asset size, state or region.
There are also additions to this year's survey. A new "Desired Positions" section will allow you to submit the names of positions your organization may be employing that are not among the 35 positions this research typically examines. These positions (so far participants have submitted everything from Chief Innovation Officer to Facilities Manager) will allow insights into trending roles within the field. The data will also inform what positions are benchmarked moving forward. Another notable addition are questions around the annual cost of grantmaking solutions and technology costs. This dat will allow the Council to provide data to the field useful in benchmarking technology expenses.
If you have not already received an invitation to participate in the survey, or to obtain more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.