SDG Philanthropy Platform is a collaboration between philanthropy and the greater international development community led by Foundation Center, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, and supported by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, Ford Foundation and the MasterCard Foundation, the Brach Family Foundation, and other key organizations such as Asociación de Fundaciones Empresariales (AFE) in Colombia, Brach Family Charitable Foundation, CAF America, Council on Foundations, East Africa Association of Grantmakers (EAAG), European Foundation Centre, Filantropi Indonesia (FI), GlobalGiving, The Humanitarian Forum, World Congress of Muslim Philanthropists, and Worldwide Initiatives for Grantmaker Support (WINGS). Our goal is to enable partnerships on global development as we transition from the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The SDG Philanthropy Platform aims to:
- Build bridges by encouraging philanthropy, the UN, governments, the private sector and NGOs to collaborate
- Shift the philanthropy sector mindset toward a more inclusive approach
- Advocate the importance of understanding data to achieve the SDGs
- Improve capacity, knowledge, and data sharing to use data as a driver for philanthropic investment and to achieve effective development outcomes
- To contribute essential data with its SDGfunders.org website
- To promote accountability in the philanthropic sector