The Council is proud to mark the 100th anniversary of the nation’s first community foundation, the Cleveland Foundation, by celebrating the impact of the first century of community philanthropy and looking ahead to the next 100 years.
The Centennial offers a unique opportunity to reflect on the proud history of community foundations. The Council also has an opportunity to broaden the public understanding of community foundations and highlight the unique roles they play in improving communities around the world.
From February through November of this year, the Council is featuring stories that show how community foundations are addressing critical local and regional issues. In particular, we will look at innovative programs and projects that will shape their communities for years to come. These stories are also featured in the monthly #CF100 Newsletter.
How can you get involved?
- Share your story by emailing it to email@example.com.
- Watch the Opening Plenary of the 2014 Fall Conference for Community Foundations featuring Ambassador James Joseph
- Plug in to the emerging What’s Next for Community Philanthropy research from the Monitor Institute
- Utilize #CF100 in your social media messaging regarding your stories of place-based change
- Purchase the Community Foundation Centennial Portfolio
- Consider hosting a Giving Day in your community