House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.) and Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont.) have announced that they will try and pass a comprehensive tax reform bill by December 2014. Currently, the chairmen are working on drafting a bill and gathering input from people across the country, as well as fellow senators. In addition to the list of resources below, the Council will keep our members up-to-date on any tax reform developments through our weekly newsletter, Washington Snapshot.
The two chairmen recently had a summer roadshow on tax reform. They toured the country to hear from people about what they would like to see in a tax reform bill. They stopped in St. Paul, Minn., and Philadelphia.
Resources on this:
- Taxreform.gov – Website from the Senate Finance Committee and House Ways and Means Committee
- House Ways and Means Committee Site on Tax Reform
- Senate Finance Committee Site on Tax Reform
- House Ways and Means Committee Hearing on Tax Reform and Charitable Deduction, February 14, 2013
- Testimony of Council Chair Kevin Murphy to House Ways and Means Committee
- Testimony of Council President and CEO Vikki Spruill to House Ways and Means Committee
- Joint Committee on Taxation Report To The House Committee On Ways And Means, On Present Law And Suggestions For Reform Submitted To The Tax Reform Working Groups, May 6, 2013
- Senate Finance Committee Paper on Tax-Exempt Organizations and Charitable Giving