We are no longer accepting applications for the 2018 Cohort.
In preparation for completing your application, please familiarize yourself with the application requirements. We strongly suggest preparing your essay questions in advance and submitting all at once. There is the ability to save your application and return to it, however you should not rely on this method and you should attempt to complete your application all at once.
There is a $99 application fee required to submit the application.
Essay narratives are required for the following:
- What would you seek to achieve through your participation in the Career Pathways program? (no more than 250 words)
- How would your participation and connection to the Career Pathways & Council on Foundations network help you fulfill your professional goals within the next five years? (no more than 250 words)
- Describe a mentor or leader with whom you have worked and what you admired, learned, or might do differently than this individual. (no more than 200 words)
- What is your definition of diversity? What role does diversity, equity and inclusion play in your professional career? How do you challenge stereotypes and promote inclusion? (no more than 200 words)
- Provide a brief mission statement that surmises your beliefs about diversity and its place within the philanthropic sector. (no more than 250 words)
- Describe a significant challenge facing philanthropy and/or philanthropic leadership today. Additionally, what would be your proposed course of action to navigate or rectify it? (no more than 500 words)
- Describe what you consider to be a significant (positive or negative) professional learning experience. What did you learn from this experience, and how has it changed you professionally? (no more than 250 words)
Additionally, the following will be required to submit your application:
- A current copy of your resume.
- A professional headshot (if you are selected the Council may use this for marketing and promotional activities).
- A recommendation from your home institution supervisor and/or CEO. Email this directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A payment for the $99 application fee.
Career Pathways is made possible thanks to generous funding support from: