This report provides salary, benefits, and diversity data for full-time staff at U.S. foundations to aid in budget planning and personnel practice benchmarking. Information is presented by grantmaker type, foundation type, asset size, and geographic location.
- Salary data on 9,622 full-time staff from 921 organizations
- Increase, bonus, and severance eligibility and activity data
- Staff counts for full and part-time staff by grantmaker type and asset size
- Gender, race/ethnicity, age, and disability counts
- Staff tenure, departure, and turnover rates
- CEO-specific compensation, benefits, and discretionary grantmaking practices
- Benefits practices and employer costs
If you participated in the 2019 Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Survey, you must download the report on bmc.cof.org—where you can also access the benchmarking tool to run salary, benefits, and demographics comparisons by asset size, grants, geographic location, and grantmaker type.