Council members—including staff, board members and volunteers—have access to exclusive member benefits and services including:
Networking & Connecting
Professional Development & Peer Learning
- Inform how we represent philanthropy in Washington through advocacy and regular interactions with legislators.
- Learn about policy changes such as the private foundation excise tax, DAF regulations and changes to the tax code impact your foundation.
- Work with Council staff to strengthen your ability to work with government officials and advocate to policymakers on the issues that matter most to you.
Sector Issues & Updates
- Access more than 300 member-only resources – including recently updated sample documents, tips to start grantmaking in specific countries, communications toolkits and more.
- Connect with Council staff for personalized support on issues impacting your organization – from the fundamentals of operating a foundation to global grantmaking. Send your questions to email@example.com.
- Access research and reports like our annual Grantmaker Salary & Benefits Report, The State of Global Giving Report and our Study of Investment of Endowments for Private and Community Foundations.
Savings & Discounts
Enjoy cost savings on professional development opportunities and resources, including:
- FREE access to the Legal Compendium
- FREE access to the annual Grantmaker Salary and Benefits Survey Report
- FREE access to all webinars + webinar archives
- $220 savings per Council Career Center job post
- 10% discount on Council-endorsed Directors and Officers Insurance
- 10% discount on Center for Effective Philanthropy Assessments
Ready to join? Find the membership that's right for your organziation.