The Council on Foundations’ Awards Program recognizes excellence in philanthropy and honors exemplary leaders for their dedication to exploring creative ways to advance the common good and fund solutions for complex issues.
The Council Awards are presented annually alongside our Member Meeting and include the Distinguished Service Award and the Robert W. Scrivner Award for Creative Grantmaking. These two awards have been presented by the Council since the 1980s. The Distinguished Service Award recognizes individual leaders in philanthropy, while the Scrivner Award recognizes an exceptional grantmaking organization or group of organizations.
- Only members of the Council can submit nominations.
- Council membership is not a requirement for award recipients.
- Council staff, members of the Council's Board of Directors, and individuals serving on award’s review committee are not eligible to receive awards. Former board members must have completed their board service at least one year prior to their nomination.
BENEFITS FOR AWARD WINNERS
- The winner of the Distinguished Service Award will present a keynote address at the Council’s annual Member Meeting on December 2, 2021 from 1:00-2:30pm ET.
- Award winners will be profiled on the Council's website, social networks and blog.
- The Council will issue a press release, which awardees can use to announce the honor to their community, donors, and other stakeholders.
HOW TO NOMINATE
Council members can submit nominations by completing the nomination form(s). Nominations must include a narrative of how the individual or organization embodies the traits of the award, and may also include supplemental materials. Supplemental materials can include videos, letters, testimonials, news clippings, pamphlets, etc. that help support the nomination.
Nominations for the Council Awards are now closed for 2021, stay tuned for the announcement of the winners the week of November 29th!
Winners will be selected and announced prior to the Council’s annual Member Meeting on December 2, 2021. Nominations for both awards will be reviewed by the Selection Committee comprised of members of the Council on Foundations.