Philanthropy Exchange is a peer-to-peer platform that connects Council members to learn from each other asynchronously and elevate practices together as a sector. On the Exchange, you as a Council member can:
- Connect with peers around the globe to discuss topics of shared interest
- Search an online library of best practices and template documents
- Seek and give candid advice in a private community conversation
- Engage with members who are funding similar issues or performing similar roles in their organization
- Share resources to make new connections and deepen existing relationships
The Philanthropy Exchange is a member-only benefit, open exclusively to Council members and invited guests.
These communities are open to all Council members.
- Open Exchange – Contribute, connect, and learn from peers in this member community designated for staff from all foundation types. This is the best place to get valuable perspective from a broad range of audiences.
- Scholarship Exchange – Learn and share scholarship policies, processes, and opportunities with peers, and see how this tool can inform your giving strategy.
- Human Resources – Participate in peer-to-peer conversations with HR, Culture, and Talent leaders in philanthropy to discuss best practices and new ideas related to talent management, organizational culture, and other operational functions.
- Global Grantmaking – Discover resources and hear from peers on topics related to effective cross-border grantmaking.
- General Legal Counsel – This community is designed for legal counsel at all member organizations. Dive deeper into the unique legal and compliance issues facing foundations.
- Policy & Advocacy – This community is designed for members interested in policy and advocacy. Share national and state policy actions, promote resources, and facilitate peer-to-peer knowledge sharing with other philanthropic policy and government affairs staff.
Corporate Foundation Only Communities
These communities are open only to Corporate Foundation members.
- Corporate Grantmakers – This community is designed to build a network for and support staff of corporate giving programs and foundations as they learn and share unique ways companies are managing community investments.
Community Foundation Only Communities
These communities are open only to Community Foundation members.
- Community Foundation Executives – Recognizing the responsibilities of foundation executives, the Exchange has created a space designated for community foundation leaders to share ideas, resources, and leadership opportunities with peers. This community is open to CEOs and Executive Directors at community foundations, regardless of Council membership status.
- Communications – Engage with other community foundation communications professionals and take away valuable resources and tools to help share your foundation’s story and convey the meaningful impact of your work.
- Donor Services – Ask questions, provide feedback, and share resources with community foundation donor service professionals on ways to support donors, explore gift options, and keep donors engaged. This community is designed for community foundation staff who are philanthropic advisors or involved in donor stewardship.
- Finance and Admin – Learn more from your community foundation peers about the varying complexities of financial management, fund accounting, gift acceptance, and fiscal operating practices. This community is designed for community foundation staff who serve in finance and administrative roles.
- Programs – As community needs change, it is essential for community foundation program professionals to have a space to ask questions, share concerns and thoughts regarding programmatic strategy as it relates to delivering a foundation’s core mission. This community is designed for community foundation staff who design programs, nonprofit services, and community impact initiatives.
Private Invite-Only Communities
These communities are open to invited guests regardless of Council membership who are otherwise connected in peer groups.
- Veterans' Philanthropy – Join other leaders interested in, or currently pursuing veteran funding to discover trends, share best practices, and engage in new thinking around veteran philanthropy. This community is open to organizations providing veteran funding.
- Career Pathways Alumni – Connect with the powerful Career Pathways Alumni who are making strides in the philanthropic sector. As we continuously seek to grow and develop in our career journey, join the conversation to discuss, share, and reflect on a host of topics – from national issues to sector solutions. This community is open to Career Pathways Alumni.