Council on Foundations and re-constituted affinity group, CEONet, invited CEOs and Executive Directors of community foundations to join a virtual roundtable in response to the growing challenges of COVID-19. In an open exchange of ideas, executives shared perspectives, experiences, and resources in pursuit of ways we can strengthen communities across the United States and reinforce the collective effort of learning and growing together as a community foundation field.
In partnership with
- Strengthen our network of the community foundation field and embolden connectivity of executives.
- Provide the context and space for community foundation executives in these unusual times of COVID-19.
- Explore issues facing foundation operations, ideation for grantmaking, and virtual convening efforts to bolster grantees in this public health crisis.
- Highlight community response approaches, assess situation, open dialogue between executives for peer sharing, learning, and networking.
- Reinforcing the importance of connectivity, sharing, and field networking in these times
- Sector observations and landscape assessment of resources available
- Adaptive grantmaking strategies (external response)
- Contingency Plans in Action (internal action)
- Kathleen Enright, Council on Foundations
- Deborah Ellwood, CFLeads
- David Rosado, CFInsights
- Judy Sjostedt, Parkersburg Area Community Foundation, West Virginia
- Mike Batchelor, The Erie Community Foundation, Pennsylvania
- Kristi Knous, Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines, Iowa
- Javier Alberto Soto, The Denver Foundation
- Darrin Goss, Coastal Community Foundation
- Monique Jones, Evanston Community Foundation, Illinois
- Brad Ward, Council on Foundations (moderator)
Additional perspectives from leaders will be added ahead of the roundtable. Q&A will be conducted for engagement of the attendees.