Join the Council and CEONet as we convene CEOs and Executive Directors of community foundations for a virtual roundtable. With a focus on peer sharing and reflection, these roundtables serve as a platform for the field to scale our philanthropic response and actively engage with peers. This roundtable will be hosted on Zoom, allowing all participants to engage in the conversation, and is also extended to development staff leaders.
March 2021 Roundtable Focus
Strong Year-End Giving in 2020 — What does it mean for 2021?
CEOs, Executive Directors, and special invitation is being extended to Development Staff Leaders. Conversation starters, designed to kick off discussions, will include:
- Council Staff Brad Ward, Lead Strategist, and Ben McDearmon, Council Attorney
- Laura Ducceschi, CEO of Scranton Area Community Foundation, PA
- Karima Amlani, Vice President of Development, Community Foundation of Greater Flint, MI
A few questions we hope to tackle in peer sharing:
- Most are reporting strong year-ends for 2020. What does it tells us about 2021?
- Where will the gaps fall in 2021, and where will the opportunities be prime?
- What are you applying from 2020 going forward when it comes to raising dollars?
- What is the prospect and outlook for endowment building?
- Any tax or legal implications for 2021 our Council attorneys can share?
- Strengthen our network of the community foundation field
- Provide the context and space for community foundation executives.
- Highlight community responses and assess situations with the support of peers
Additional perspectives from leaders will be sought throughout the roundtable with direct involvement, as well as in small groups with peer discussion leads. Please be prepared to share video for better engagement within the platform Zoom.
In partnership with