Hurricane Florence made landfall along the coast of the Carolinas on Thursday September 13, leading to catastrophic inland rainfall, flooding, life-threatening storm surges and destructive winds.
As more becomes known about the impacts of the storm, this page will be updated with more resources and information on any funds established to support disaster response and recovery for impacted communities.
Hurricane Florence: What’s Next? Webinar
3:00 PM ET
The devastation of Hurricane Florence has wide-reaching impacts that will require strategic, long-term investments. The Council is co-sponsoring this webinar on Tuesday, September 18, with CDP, Southeastern Council of Foundations, and the Funders’ Network for Smart Growth and Livable Communities. CDP is also launching its 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund and details about this fund will be provided during the webinar.
Council Disaster Grantmaking Resources
Foundations can access our Disaster Grantmaking Resources to understand how to effectively respond to a disaster.
Disaster Philanthropy Resources
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy (CDP) is tracking critical needs and disaster specific resources on their Hurricane Florence resource page.
Foundation Center and CDP are monitoring private investment and top recipients of funding on their Tracking Hurricane Florence Disaster Relief page.
You can track FEMA's response to the storm on its Hurricane Florence Resource Page.
Various local, state and regional community foundations have establish response funds for disaster recovery, including:
- The Outer Banks Community Foundation*: Disaster Relief Fund
- Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina*: Disaster Relief Fund
- Foundation for the Carolinas*: Hurricane Florence Response Fund
- North Carolina Community Foundation*: Disaster Relief Fund
- Waccamaw Community Foundation*: Disaster Relief Fund
- Central Carolina Community Foundation: The One SC Fund
- The Eastern Carolina Community Foundation: Hurricane Florence relief across the Pee Dee region
- The Eastern North Carolina Community Foundation: Hurricane Florence Relief Fund
*This foundation is accredited with National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations®.
Additional disaster response funds from Council members and partners: