With over 65 years of experience supporting grantmakers of all sizes and types, the Council remains the foremost, largest, and most comprehensive source of philanthropic resources, tools, and professional development.
Whether you are looking for technical assistance, professional development, peer connections, leadership opportunities, or up-to-the minute policy updates, the Council is here for you.
The Council on Foundations empowers foundation professionals to meet today’s toughest challenges and advances a culture of charitable giving in the U.S. and globally.
- Philanthropy Exchange -- Exclusive social network just for grantmakers
- Member Directory -- Connect with colleagues all across the country and globally
- Promote Your Foundation -- Share your work and ideas across the world via the Council’s extensive network
- Stay Current on Philanthropic Issues -- Through dedicated professional development opportunities, including webinars, conferences, meetings, and Council communications including This Week at The Council
- Strengthen and Develop Your Skills -- Network and learn from experts and thought leaders in philanthropy and colleagues struggling with similar issues via our conferences and summits
- Connect with Your Dedicated Field Network Directors -- Our Network Directors proactively engage with Council members, connecting you with others and serving as your direct line to Council resources
- Shared Learning -- Designed to advance best practices, industry concerns and strategies
- Access to Research, Surveys, Publications -- Reference material and studies for benchmarking, organizational support, and best practices including Grantmakers Salary and Benefits Report, Board Compensation Tables, and CommonFund Study of Investments for Private Foundations
- Legal Information When You Need It -- Access to legal information unmatched in the field with our experienced attorneys*
- Knowledge Center -- Individualized assistance with research, resources, benchmarking reports, tools, data, and information to strengthen your work
- Professional Development and Executive Training -- Delivering strategies, insights, and case studies to advance foundation executive leadership and effectiveness — Including Career Pathways, Essential Skills and Strategies, CCFE Fundamentals
- Tools for Effective Foundation Management -- From board resources and regulatory compliance guidance, to investment strategies and marketing, the Council provides members with the necessary tools, tips, and strategies to support and help strengthen your foundation
- Defending and Advancing the Philanthropic Sector -- Rely on us to be your advocate as we promote and defend a legislative and regulatory environment in which philanthropy can flourish — Washington Snapshot, advocacy toolkits, issue papers, CEO Policy Summits, Philanthropy Week and Foundations on the Hill are all resources you can count on
- Public-Philanthropic Partnership Initiative -- The “go-to” advisor on philanthropic engagement with federal government agencies
Leadership | Networking | Advocacy | Innovation | Collaboration
We welcome a wide array of organizations committed to philanthropy. Join us!
*For full members only.