2017 Happenings for Community Foundations
- Winter 2017 – Opinion Piece — Community Foundation Business Disruptions in 21st Century
- Winter 2017 – White Paper — International Giving Activity for U.S. Community Foundations
- Jan 11 – Webinar — Don’t Skimp onOverhead in 2017: Expand Your Admin Support
- Jan 25 – Webinar — Giving Days: Ramp Up or Wind Down
- Jan 26-27 – Center for Community Foundation Excellence Fundamentals — Miami, FL
- Mar 6-7 – Center for Community Foundation Excellence Fundamentals — Sacramento, CA
- Mar 20-21 – Foundations on the Hill — Washington, D.C.
- Apr 6 – Community and Economic Development Workshop — Indianapolis, IN
- Apr 22-23 – Center for Community Foundation Excellence Fundamentals — Dallas, TX
- Apr 23-26 – 2017 Annual Conference — Leading Together – Dallas, TX
- Summer 2017 – Inclusive Philanthropy and Community Philanthropy — Growth and Impact
- Fall 2017 – Strengthening Community: Leadership, Impact, Donor Engagement Workshop
- Fall 2017 – Endowments and Finance Summit and HR Summit
- Nov 9-10 – Center for Community Foundation Excellence Fundamentals — Boston, MA
- Regularly – Monthly calls with our Legal and Public Policy Team and sector experts and partners
- Always – Individualized answers for your staff and trustees via phone, email, or on the Exchange
Fresh content, timely analysis, and complete resources at cof.org | cfstandards.org
2016 Highlights to Advance Community Philanthropy
- Hosted Center for Community Foundation Excellence (CCFE) Fundamentals in four regionsandcertified 167 community foundation professionals.
- Annual Conference in Washington, D.C. brought together 1,500 attendees in April, including 404 participants from community foundations.
- Over two dozen virtual learnings geared toward trending issues from regulatory, monthly legal topics, policy issues, best practices, and member calls.
- Convened 200 CF professionals for in-person events on trending topics in rural philanthropy, foundation finance, donor engagement, impact investing, and community collective impact.
- Coordinated the Reasons for Hope campaign and deepened commitment to diversity, equity,and inclusion across the Council. Our public policy team collaborates with members to strengthen relations with countless representatives and senators on the Hill
- Met regularly with regulatory officials and federal agencies such as the IRS, Treasury, FEMA, and HUD.
- Staunchly defended donor advised funds and their impact, including the addition of 91 signatories to a letter sent to every congressional leader and featured in the Chronicle of Philanthropy in response to a Washington Post op-ed.
- Supported U.S. community foundations as they engaged in international philanthropy by advising individual foundations on their giving, supporting the 2016 Global Summit for Community Philanthropy, and launching the Mission-Aligned Global Grantmaking initiatives.