Throughout the lead up to adoption of the goals, many organizations have been working with private sector partners to establish frameworks for engagement by corporate philanthropy with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). A leading coalition in this effort is Impact2030, a global private sector led collaboration created to mobilize employee volunteers to directly and substantially contribute to the achievement of the SDGs . IMPACT 2030 Partner companies believe that commitment to corporate volunteering — when used in concert with peer companies, civil society, the United Nations, government, and academia — is a powerful tool to accelerate the global achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Agenda, advance the practice and impact of employee volunteering, and inspire the private sector to positive action.
Below are a range of additional resources for corporate philanthropy to learn more and think about how the SDGs are an important global framework that you can support around the world.
- 5 Tools to Help Businesses Tackle the SDGs
- The 'New and Improved' Sustainable Development Goals: Why Should Brands Care?
- SDG Compass: The guide for business action on the SDGs
- Business Fights Poverty: SDGs Zone
Read more about how corporate funders see how the SDGs are relevant to their work globally:
- GE: GE's Blueprint for Big Business and the SDGs
- Chevron: Strong business, strong partnerships and sustained progress: The private sector and the SDGs
- Pearson: Children are the key to delivering the Global Goals
- Novartis Foundation and the Sustainable Development Goals: the role of the philanthropy, the private sector and the power of partnership
- How The Sustainable Development Goals Accelerate Your Brand Relevance, Growth And Impact