Please join us for the CFUnited: Power of Place: Pop-up Series: Conversations with Leaders! This two part virtual Zoom webinar series is in response to the cancelled CFUnited: Power of Place Conference that was to be held in Detroit, Michigan in April.
Pop-up Conversation #1
Since we missed the opportunity to convene in person this past April in Detroit, Michigan, CFUnited is proud to bring together a panel of executives, all local to Michigan community foundations, to authentically explore how “power of place “grounds their approach amid one of the most dynamic times in our recent history.
While place is about geography, the global pandemic and racial injustice reveals how place is also a balance of memory and possibility as we reckon with deepening challenges of public health, economic security, community wellbeing, and systemic racism.
- Surabhi Pandit, Community Foundation for Southeast MichiganF(Moderator)
- Isaiah Oliver, Community Foundation of Greater Flint
- Neel Hajra, Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation
- Mackenzie Sundblad, Huron County Community Foundation
- Mike Goorhouse, Community Foundation of Holland/Zeeland
Opening and Closing Remarks
- Nicole Paquette, Communities Foundation of Texas; CommA, CFUnited Partner
- Tom Linfield, Madison Community Foundation; ProNet, CFUnited Partner
- Explore what the next era of community philanthropy looks like in Michigan
- Michigan leadership during the pandemic and national calls for racial justice
- Navigating the hard conversations that surface with staff, supporting those staff, and ensuring internally your foundation adequately shows up externally on matters of such significance
- Hear authentic voices and perspective from community foundation’s next generation of leaders
- Explore trends and challenges community foundations face while grappling with the challenges of advancing racial, social, and economic justice in today’s America
- Identify internally how to develop racial equitable leadership pipelines that are concurrent with what is needed in the community for a more diverse, inclusive society