The Council and CEONet as we reconvened CEOs and Executive Directors of community foundations for a third virtual roundtable in support of the continued efforts by the field to respond and adapt to the challenges of COVID-19.
Executives explored in an open format pressing matters and relevant topics in pursuit of ways we can strengthen communities across the United States. Attendees of the roundtable can participate in this open exchange of ideas, share perspective and experiences, as well as flagging resources and tools that will benefit the collective effort of our community foundation field.
This roundtable will be hosted on Zoom, allowing all participants to engage in the conversation.
- Strengthen our network of the community foundation field and embolden connectivity of executives.
- Provide the context and space for community foundation executives in these unusual times of COVID-19.
- Highlight community responses, assess situations with the support of peers, and conversation for peer sharing, learning, and networking.
Conversation Focus – Nonprofit Survival
- How do we compassionately support the local nonprofit community while also acknowledging the reality that some nonprofits will not survive?
- How can we use our community leadership platform to help improve the local nonprofit sector?
- What is the best way for community foundations to raise the question of mergers, strategic restructuring, or a compassionate closure?
With a focus on peer sharing and reflection, these roundtables serve as a platform for the field to scale our philanthropic response to the depths of impact caused by COVID on communities, normalize foundation operations and mission in light of the pandemic, and pivot to the long-term recovery that could last many years.
- Community Foundation Executives from the Field
Additional perspectives from leaders will be sought throughout the roundtable with direct involvement, as well as in small groups with peer discussion leads. Please be prepared to share video for better engagement within the platform Zoom.
In partnership with