The philanthropic sector’s ability to influence public policy has been a pathway to significant social change in the United States. Using the current global crisis as a backdrop, this session will focus on a discussion of policy engagement through a health policy lens. Featuring findings from CEP’s latest report, Policy Influence: What Foundations Are Doing and Why, this interactive discussion will highlight the health policy-related actions some funders have taken in response to COVID-19 including, addressing the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on communities of color and communities who are most vulnerable. Attendees will gain a greater understanding of how policy can be a useful and important tool for meeting your programmatic goals, as well as hear from peers about tangible ideas and resources on ways to effectively engage in the policy arena.
- Naomi Orensten, Director, Research, Center for Effective Philanthropy
- Sandra Martínez, Director of Public Policy, California Wellness Foundation
- Dr. David Blumenthal, President, The Commonwealth Fund
- David Kass, Vice President of Government Affairs and Strategic Communications, Council on Foundations
- Tony Richardson, Executive Director, The Nord Family Foundation
This webinar is presented in partnership with the Center for Effective Philanthropy.