Interested in alleviating the student loan debt crisis and attracting needed talent to your community? Then this webinar is for you! Last year, the Workforce Development Through Post-Graduation Scholarships Act was introduced in Congress. This bill would allow charitable foundations to administer post-graduation scholarship programs to combat “brain drain,” stimulate regional economic growth, and help address the growing student debt crisis. Join the Council for a discussion about this evolving topic as part of our March scholarship series, with a second webinar taking place on Community Foundation Scholarship Programs.
On this webinar you will learn about:
- What the legislation entails for foundations
- How communities can benefit from it
- The difference between regular scholarships and post-graduation scholarships
- Suzanne Friday, Managing Director, National Standards, and Vice President of Legal Affairs, Council on Foundations
- Joshua Gibb, Executive Director, Galesburg Community Foundation
- Randy Maiers, President and CEO, Community Foundation of St. Clair County