While the significant and tragic rise of anti-Asian violence in recent weeks has caught the attention of the general public, coordinated and strategic efforts led by AAPI organizations, networks, and coalitions to respond to anti-Asian violence have been in place since before the pandemic began early last year. Those efforts have been born of decades-long organizing and advocacy work, work that has been underfunded and invisibilized. Join GCIR for a conversation with local and national AAPI leaders to learn more not only about the narrative, policy, and solidarity efforts to address anti-Asian violence but also about opportunities to build durable AAPI immigrant power across the country.
- Chhaya Choum, Executive Director, Mekong NYC
- Aarti Kohli, Executive Director, Asians Americans Advancing Justice - Asian Law Caucus
- Dr. Connie Wun, Executive Director, AAPI Women Lead
- Bo Thao-Urabe, Senior Program Strategist, AAPI Civic Engagement Fund
- Marissa Tirona, President, GCIR
This webinar is co-sponsored by: