General News About COVID-19
Day-to-day updates on the outbreak:
- USA Today: "Trump delcared the coronavirus pandemic a national emergency. What does that mean?"
- NYT: "Here's the Biggest Thing to Worry About With Coronavirus"
- European Travel Ban | USA Today: "Q&A: What you need to know about Trump's travel ban from Europe due to coronavirus"
- On Pandemic Declaration | NPR: "WHO declares coronavirus a pandemic" | Vox: "The WHO just declared the coroanvirus a global pandemic. Here's what that means."
- Johns Hopkins Global Cases Tracker
- New York Times Interactive Map
- United Nations Cancels Key Meetings Ahead of Climate Summit Due to Coronavirus
- Washington Post Live Updates on COVID-19
- Various Articles about the importance of social distancing and canceling events | Washington Post: "Social Distancing could buy U.S. valuable time against coronavirus" | Vox: "How canceled events and self-quarantines save lives, in one chart" | The Atlantic: "Cancel Everything"
- Congressional News | NYT: "Fauci Warns House on Coronavirus 'It Is Going to Get Worse"
- United Philanthropy Forum: Joint PSO Statement: Keep Equity at the Forefront in Philanthropy's Response to Coronavirus
- DAFNE: "Italian Foundations Emergency Response"
- Grant Oliphant: "COVID-19: A test of community"
- Candid's website to see up to date information on how philanthropy is repsonding to COVID-19 across the world or visit Foundation Maps
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy COVID-19
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Wellcome, and Mastercard Launch Initiative to Speed Development and Access to Therapies for COVID-19
- Inside Philanthropy: "Coronavirus is Spreading. What is Philanthropy Doing About That? What Should it Do?"
- Chronicle of Philanthropy: "Coronavirus Giving Tops $1 Billion Worldwide"
- Wall Street Journal: "Private Wealth to the Rescue"
- The US Chamber of Commerce Foundation is tracking how business is responding in real time. We encourage you to visit their COVID-19 Aid Tracking page to see how companies are responding.
- The Hill: "The DOJ warns companies against price fixing during coronavirus"
- Reuters: "FDA WArns companies seeling products that claim to treat coronavirus disease"
- NYT: "Puerto Rico Orders Coronavirus Lockdown. Violators Could Be Fined"
- HR6201 | Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Letter to Congress: Why Nonprofits Must Be Included in a COVID-19 Relief and Economic Stimulus Package
- The CDC constantly updates their main page on COVID-19
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- The NIH has a dedicated page on COVID-19 with frequent updates and resources
- Visit the WHO page to learn more about global response efforts
- FEMA is currently preparing for an emergency declaration from President Trump
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration Coronavirus Updates
Other Government Agency Websites Dedicated to COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- U.S. Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Labor
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- U.S. Department of State
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- U.S. Department of the Interior
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
We will update this page frequently but please visit your city, state, or federal government websites for the latest information about the virus.