The Council on Foundations hosted a Funder to Funder Call: Sharing Approaches to COVID-19 Community Response on Thursday, March 12 at 2:00 p.m. ET | 11:00 a.m. PT to discuss the emerging challenges of the coronavirus and philanthropy’s response.
This conversation featured foundation leaders who are directly engaged in establishing community funds, grantmaking and actively responding to the coronavirus crisis in their local communities as well as globally. We will provide an assessment of the landscape developing for public-private partnerships with national organizations and will share examples of local collaborations that are naturally forming.
How the speakers’ institutions are responding:
"As Coronavirus Spreads, The Bill for our Public Health Failures is Due" – Richard E. Besser, President and CEO, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Leticia Babcock, Program Manager, Volunteer Engagement, Medtronic Foundation
- Paurvi Bhatt, President, Medtronic Foundation
- Irfan Hasan, Program Director, Health and Behavior Health, New York Community Trust
- Kris Hermanns, Chief Impact Officer, Seattle Foundation
- Julie Morita, MD, Executive Vice President, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Kevin Murphy, President, Berks County Community Foundation, PA
- Victoria Vrana, Deputy Director, Philanthropic Partnerships, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Stephanie Powers, Senior Advisor, Public Policy and Partnerships Council on Foundations
- Brad Ward, Lead Strategist for Community Philanthropy, Council on Foundations