Curated resources from the Council on Foundations that may be helpful for responding to COVID-19.
M indicates this content is available to Council members only.
- Tips and Resources for Responding Globally to COVID-19
- Sample Agreement for Converting Project Grants to General Operating Support
- How Can We Make Money Available to Individuals in Need During the Coronavrius Pandemic?
- Corporate Foundation Legal FAQ: Despite Benevolent Intent, Generating Business for Company is an Act of Self-Dealing
- An Overview of the Law Governing Community Foundations (Part 3 - Contributions and Tax Benefits for Donors, Part 4 - Grantmaking to Charitable and Non-Charitable Organizations, Part 5 - Granting to Indivduals)
- Legal Considerations for Corporate Foundations (Part 4 - Grantmaking and Scholarships)
- FAQ: Grants from Private Foundations to Supporting Organizations M
- FAQ: Taxable Distributions for Donor Advised Funds M
- FAQ: Disaster Grantmaking for Corporate Grantmakers M
- FAQ: Legal Questions about Global Grantmaking M
- International Grantmaking: A Guide for Funders Making Grants Outside the United States
- Country Notes: Resources for Making Grants Globally
Advocacy, Lobbying, and Public Policy
- U.S. Government Action on COVID-19
- Charitable Deduction: Private Foundation Lobbying Activity and the Self-Defense Exception
- Washington Snapshot
- Advocacy Toolkit
- A Guide to Advocacy, Lobbying & Election Related Activity
Development & Gift Management
Endowments and Investments
- Foundation Finance and Investment Management
- Conflicts of Interest: Dealing with Foundation Investments M
- Sample Board Resolution Authorizing a Program Related Investment M
Operations and Governance
- Conflicts of Interest - Key Issues for Foundations M
- Governance Basics - Board Structure, Committees, and Delegation and Policies and Procedures
- Sample Conflict of Interest Policy M
Council members are encouraged to make peer connections, share resources and ask questions on the Philanthropy Exchange in the Open Exchange. This will continue to serve as the Council rapid response resource during this crisis.